![]() |
| from king5.com Wednesday-January-17 |
At first, I mistyped the title, accidentally writing "trails", which could also explain the chaos of January. Last week, Seattle was stopped for a very exciting, very cold, winter snow/ice/wind storm. Ben and I, stupidly, drove to work each day, risking our lives just so we didn't have to waste our precious vacation time!
January did turn out to be overwhelming otherwise for me. I've been getting a colossal amount of emails since December. The window to accomplish everything is ever waning. I kicked my productivity in high gear and got my million "to-do" emails down to around five, which takes my anxiety down a few notches as well.
I wanted to do some monthly follow ups to my 2012 Goals.
Career
I'm getting back on track after hitting a lull in early January - trying to challenge myself to be better and smarter. I think my next game plan is to start working on finding and following through on my informal mentors.
Finances
I've successfully have not bought clothing all month. It surprisingly is really easy... When i see the most awesome dress that I really want to buy and couldn't live without I just remind myself that i simply cannot buy anything. And I know it's going to feel AMAZING buying that dress next year, in a more reasonable dress size :)
I used to visit Ideeli and Gilt (member only shopping sites) and drool over the selection of clothes. I've visited Ideeli maybe twice this month, and Gilt maybe a handful - looking at GiltCity and GiltTaste offers, not even tempting myself with their clothing. What a change from last year!
My next goal is to concurrently pay off my credit card debt while also meet my monthly saving commitment so we can eventually buy a house later this year. Cheers to work bonuses and tax returns this season!
Health
While I can't say I've lost any weight, I'm starting to notice this past week that my water intake is much higher and my portions are getting smaller. I still snack... but I'm working on it! And it seems like I've kicked my latte and mocha habit - it's crazy - When I do go to Tully's in the morning with my co-workers I look at the amazing lattes, but can only get an Americano, no matter how much i think I want a latte!
Last week I bought a fancy scale that calculates Body Fat and Body Water percentages, just have to figure out how to calibrate it!

No comments:
Post a Comment