Tuesday, June 26, 2012

kid thoughts

Bear Print via Animal Print Shop


You know that moment when you're a kid and all you want in the world is to be an adult so badly. You crave the responsibilities, the control, the money, and the ensuing adult life choices. 

And when you tell an adult about your big rush to get to their spot, they tell you to settle down and take your time, you're only a kid once. 

---------------------------------

I rush through life, it's not my most redeeming quality, but I'm impatient. I've set goals for myself since I was a little kid. I only lived in the "next step" phase and never in the "present." This also attributed to my successes - kick ass internships across the United States, winning scholarships, and many leadership positions. All these were stepping stones to eventually achieving adulthood. 

I recently turned 26. 
When did that happen?? I was just a youthful 20-something. Now my bones are weakening, my skin is wrinkling, I enjoy red wines, got hitched, and just bought a house. 

---------------------------------

Since before we got engaged, Ben and I have been excited to start a family (you can breathe, I'm not pregnant). We both love kids, big families, and cute little things. And there have been serious times when we say "yea, let's do this!" However, we just don't feel like it's the right time for us, which is really frustrating because we can't pinpoint anything except that we still feel like college kids.

A few weeks I stumbled onto this cute blog: WhereMyHeartResides and her great idea for a baby bucket list. So part of our college kid mentality isn't that we think we're immature, we just don't think we're smart or cultured enough to raise a kid to be the absolute perfect kid in the entire world.  And that's why we're going to do a baby bucket list... things to do, see, & experience before a little one arrives and makes us parents forever. 

Suggestions?


No comments:

Post a Comment