Tuesday, May 27, 2014

baby bear - week 29

Hello third trimester, I can't believe we've made it this far.



I have a feeling you're going to make me pay for the easiness of the first 6 months. The no throwing up, the no food aversions, the ability to still work out.... I enjoyed that.

But now, I've spent more nights tossing and turning than the whole first 6 months combined.
One night I spent a few hours sitting up in bed just to stop the nausea, my hips are starting to hurt when I walk fast and for a long distance... and even more so when I sleep on my side. Oh, the side sleeping pain. I'm even using my pillow between my knees and ankles to no relief. 


But this week also had a lot of amazing to it, too.
  • Ben felt baby move for the first time, and every day since I call him over when I feel her starting to dance. One time he even said, "okay baby, move if you love me" - and she moved and danced and he just about felt like the king of the world. I don't think baby will stop amazing us anytime soon.
  • We also started looking at getting a doula for our birth and postpartum care. At first I thought only getting the postpartum care would work for us, as I'm pretty confident in birthing and zero confident in actually caring (and breastfeeding) a child. But as Ben and I talked longer about it, it just seemed to make sense to have her there for the birth. She'll be able to help me in so many ways - and I don't want to put that burden on Ben. I want him to enjoy the birth and not be stressed about doing things right or if he has time to take a bathroom break.  I also wanted a doula for the hopefully-not-the-case case I need to have a hospital birth. I want an advocate for the birth plan I believe in. We contacted a handful of doulas last week and plan to "interview" them over the next two.
  • I started my prenatal yoga class last weekend. It was everything I needed. I didn't realize how much I wanted a community of pregnant women until I was there and we were all introducing ourselves and how far along we are. I imagine it will be a similar feeling for when we start our childbirth classes next month. I felt wiser than the 19 week-ers and in awe of the 38 week-ers. And felt like bff's to all the mamas in the 28th week. What a special feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment