![]() |
| Source |
I thanked my husband the other day, as he loaded the dishwasher, for cleaning up dinner. I was feeling particularly tired after my 'paid work- nonpaid work- workout' 15 hr day and was thankful I didn't have to box up dinner and face the always growing pile of dishes.
He said he was feeling bad about not doing more around the house and wanted to make up for it. I laughed and hugged him hard - Sometimes I forget how sweet Ben is. The truth is, I don't mind doing the dishes - junk piled on counters stress me out. I usually will come home from work or wake up Saturday morning and start marathon cleaning the kitchen. I don't hold Ben accountable for how many times he cleans the dishes because I know we're not keeping score of how many times I've picked up the dog poo in the back yard.
I would like to think it's a success of our relationship - we don't keep score and it doesn't matter who does what or how often - we'll get to the dishes when we get to them.
Also, I'm pretty sure only I can pack
and run the dishwasher correctly.
What are you finding to be part of a successful relationship?

No comments:
Post a Comment