![]() |
| National Geographic: Teenagers run and play on large white sand dunes in New Mexico, 1957. |
I've talked about going on a clothing cleanse before - and it was moderately successful. I learned about quality of clothes and how to remove items I wasn't wearing instead of just buying more clothes. I learned to try everything on, and if I don't LOVE it, that I should not bring it home. I learned that if I wouldn't have paid full price for it, that I should not bring it home. This was a valuable foundation to finally learn and grow on. Finally, not being able to use the credit card to purchase clothes has TREMENDOUSLY cut down on buying clothes (especially online).
Over the past year and a half I've been very picky about what clothes I buy - What is its purpose, can I wear it to work, Is having another sundress really worth it when I don't have summers off anymore?
Unfortunately, I still have a lot of clothes. As in:
1) One White Ikea closet that holds 90% of my dresses.
2) One standard dresser that holds my Stockings, Tank Tops, Skirts, Sweaters
3) One Tall dresser that holds my knit/ summer dress, Unisex T's, summer swim and shorts, and PJ's including sweatpants.
4) Built in closet that has my everyday items: button up shirts, pants, jeans, shoes, work out gear, and a million v-neck pocket t's.
Luckily, and maybe the only thing going for me, is that most of the drawers aren't packed or stuffed with clothes - so there's room for condensing.
What I think I would like to do is get a closet organizing system (like ben has!) to utilize 100% of my closet.
This way I might be able to move a lot of my standard dresser items into the closet and move that dresser upstairs. I think I still need to sell or donate about a third of my clothes still, but I think it can be done. Right now our bedroom is just over crowded: three dressers, nightstand, cal king bed, and X-Large dog crate.
What are your spring cleaning ambitions?

No comments:
Post a Comment