ORIGINALLY WRITTEN FEBRUARY 12th, 2014
Welp. I'm officially into the second trimester, I'm feeling better - just overall not as tired or moody. The baby is the size of a lemon! nearly 4 inches long - how crazy is that! It's so measurable, no longer just the size of a seed or a few cells!
Ugh. I could do without my face breaking out, or more specifically, my neck, shoulders, and face breaking out. Not cool, hormones. Not cool at all. I also get some infrequent mild aches, like a cramping feeling in my gut, which is just my uterus being all like, "I need more room, woman! Let me grow!" - It can stop me in my tracks, and only gets awkward at work talking to someone. I'm sure I just look like I'm about to throw up. My belly is also filling out. It's such a weird thing, to have your belly grow and it not just be because you had an extra cookie for lunch.
I'm also keeping up with my workout schedule - 2 to 4 times a week, with a target of 3 times. My trainers are awesome, understanding when I need to take a break and are surprisingly knowledgeable about physical limitations I will be needing (aka, when to limit the jumping, or cross body crunches or mt. climbers). So far no big limitations, but I have been trying not to get my heart rate from going too fast, so I take breaks when I need to (and don't feel bad about it)!
The most exciting news is just being able to finally tell our close friends and extended family! I thought I would want to share the news on facebook by now but I've started to feel that this is just so personal that I'm not ready to share it with "the world" - hence why these posts are published well after the "originally written" dates. It's a weird, protective feeling - I want to celebrate with everyone, but honestly it's just a celebration with our families, and I don't want to hear the "you should do's" and the "don't do these" just yet.
Right now Ben and I are enjoying this journey and are totally crazy excited for what's to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment