We finally settled on a stroller for baby this past weekend. After literally hours looking at strollers online, where they all look the same, reviews kind of help sort through the brands what would fall apart right away vs brands that have some durability and functionality, we went to babies r us to touch and feel the strollers in real life. We settled on Chicco's three wheeler, and couldn't be more excited - it's light, easy to fold, easy to install the car seat, and super cute.
Okay, major decision one out of the way.
Then we started thinking about the glider/ rocker/ recliner we want to have. And again - so. many. choices. and way expensive. Ben, bless his heart, decided to take up some researching on his own - seeing what was recommended and what works out the best - and it led him down a rabbit hole of DD, DS, FTF, FTM acronyms that he was really proud to have learned. But didn't make any clear cut decision on which type is best. Again, it's all the same IMO.
So, for sake of argument, because Pottery Barn Kids, Land of Nod, and Babies R Us are all expensive, let's just look at target's options. They seem to be more reasonably price and have a ton of options.
The Reclining and Glider Option 1 ($600)
I love the idea of having the option to recline (I can see Ben loving this) along with gliding, which I think would be more soothing during nap and nursing times.
The Reclining and Glider Option 2 ($450-600)
Same as above, maybe cheaper because of the ridiculous color schemes? Maybe I'm just picky about extreme contrast piping, not my cup of tea.
The "Chair and a half" Rocker, Option 3 ($400)
This is so appealing - and makes me think of all the good times when baby bear becomes toddler bear to kid bear and she wants to sit next to me while we read books. How sweet does that sound. swoon. Also, I think Yogi would thoroughly enjoy joining me on the rocker while I nurse and sing lullabies.
The Basic Rocker, Option 4 ($400)
The standard, can't go wrong with this affordable, upholstered rocker. & I like the side wings, I feel like my head could rest easily on it when I'm closing my eyes, counting my patience...
Thoughts?
regrets, wishes, any obvious choices to make?




No comments:
Post a Comment