Thursday, November 01, 2012

Kickstart November

Good Morning, November!

This month I am taking a spin on National Novel Writing Month and going to challenge myself to post daily to this tiny little blog. I've always wanted to expand this into something worth visiting, and I'm hoping this is the kickstart that it needs -- look forward to some posts about travel, dogs, cats, hair, clothing, and life.

First up. 
I'm participating as a Mo Sista for Movember!

I've created a team with my co-workers to raise awareness and support of men's health.

Starting November 1st,  we are raising awareness and funds for men’s health issues, specifically men’s cancer initiatives.

Men start Movember 1st clean shaven. For the rest of the month, these selfless and generous men, known as Mo Bros, groom, trim and wax their way into the annals of fine moustachery (or beardom). Supported by the WOMEN in their lives, Mo Sistas, Movember Mo Bros raise funds and awareness for their Mo-growing efforts.
Mo Bros effectively become walking, talking billboards for the 30 days of November. Through their actions and words they raise awareness by prompting private and public conversation around the often ignored issue of men’s health.


If you're interested in helping - 

1 in 2 men, and 1 in 3 women, 
will be diagnosed with cancer in their lifetime.




No comments:

Post a Comment