Traveling to the SWE Conference
Yesterday I started my journey to Houston, TX for the Annual Society of Women Engineers Conference (WE12). It is literally one of my favorite weeks in the year - I've made friends and networked with many women from across the country and this week I get to see them all again. It's a lot of networking, advancing, & sisterhood, with many professional development sessions and workshops throughout the week.
I was bumped to First Class on my 4.5hr flight yesterday morning. Which is an excellent way to start any trip - Thanks United Airlines! It has only been the second time up there in big seat heaven and was treated to breakfast this time around! Besides getting a drink the moment you sit down, it's 100% personal service the entire flight.
On the flight, I started reading the book "All your Worth" - which has been truly eye opening. I was a little hesitant because it was written in 2008 and I wasn't sure of its relevancy. But so far it has been spot on and a really can't-put-the-book-down read. Can't wait to go home and put our finances in order!
Today's schedule includes a trip to the local Farmer's Market followed by a few hours of SWE Committee Meetings.
No comments:
Post a Comment