Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Take the small wins

FLORENCE + THE MACHINE



I have been working on grounding myself and keeping perspective on life. 

Only looking for the big wins, the big milestones, the overall presentation of life -- I forgot what it's like to enjoy the baby steps and small accomplishments. No one can go from A to Z in one day. Lifestyle Changes and Whole Wellness takes time.

So let's celebrate!

This Fall I've
- Signed up with a personal trainer (once a week) and set a training/ running plan in place for my 12k in December. I forgot how much better I feel after going to the gym. I feel more awake, think more clearly, and appreciate that my body still knows how to squat, curl, and hold a plank. 
- Paid off my car a month early! This clears up a chunk of change to put towards our credit card. What a relief to feel just a little bit more free from debt! Next up are tackling my student loans (which are in three different sites/locations - how annoying)!
- Gone on two trips - one to Portland and one to Houston. Reconnected with amazing friends and otherwise had a fantastic time on each!

Keep Positive,
Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment